|The portal is composed, in its standard configuration, of two couples of large surface detectors (5000 cm2), each mounted on one of the two lateral sides of the portal structure.
The portal configuration provides a broad measurement area and at the same time it guarantees the best sensitivity. The monitor has an open top; this allows to easily place the containers and boxes to be monitored on the platform.
In the measurement area, delimited as we said by the portal structure, are placed the boxes containing excavation material. The boxes have specific and defined standard dimensions, which can be inserted in the system’s database so that they can be recalled during the measurements.
|Actually, the relative position of the detectors is adjustable through a PLC, to maximize the measurement’s efficiency according to the different geometries.
The portal is equipped with a platform scale to measure the weight of the boxes; the scale is installed at the base of the measurement area.
The whole ARCHIMEDES III 9103 system is managed by the user-friendly software installed on the control PC.
The environment background is automatically and continuously measured, and it is automatically subtracted from the measurements.
The monitoring operation is activated via software, by selecting the box type and then pressing the dedicated virtual button, clearly visible on the main panel of the user interface.
ARCHIMEDES III 9103
- Published in Scanning systems - contamination in waste/decommissioning materials
- Download attachments: DAT_ARCHIMEDESIII_EN_1.02.pdf
PORTAL RADIATION MONITOR FOR EXCAVATION MATERIALS
The portal monitor ARCHIMEDES III 9103 is designed to measure the radioactivity level in excavation materials of various nature, to define their proper destination as far as their release in the environment is concerned.
- Portal-shaped structure equipped with platform scale
- Detectors: high-sensitivity plastic scintillators
- Dimensions of each detector (WxHxD): 50x100x5 cm
- Detector’s shielding: lead panels
- Energy range: 50 keV ÷ 2 MeV
- Scale’s max measurable weight: 5000 kg
- Scale’s resolution: 1 kg
- Control PC connected via LAN
- Activation PLC commanded by the management software installed on the PC
- Data archive, shareable in local network
- Acoustic and luminous signals for system’s status and alarms indication
- MDA (137Cs): down to 5 Bq/g (10 min)