|The acquisition, processing, and power supply electronics is housed in the detectors’ columns, directly linked to the detectors, or in a dedicated junction box (only in model MHOS 9700 HWM-N).
Through the touch screen panel PC, the operator can easily use the visualization software and manage the data, as well as the measurement parameters. In every model the user can set the activity threshold; when an alarm occurs, it is signaled through luminous and acoustic warnings, on the display and also by an integrated LED beacon with siren.
The MHOS 9700 HWM series monitors are able to perform high sensitivity measurements, minimizing the false-negative and false-positive events. The measurement is continuous, performed accordingly to a fixed integration time which can be set by the user.
|Each model of the series perform the automatic subtraction of the environmental background, which can be also automatically determined. Each alarm event is archived and displayed in a graphical form. Furthermore, the data concerning the alarm event are printed on labels; in particular, in the scale model MHOS 9700 HWM-S the labels are green or red accordingly with the measurement result (non-contaminated and contaminated respectively).
The MHOS 9700 HWM monitors have also an auto-diagnosis feature which controls continuously the electronics status. On the console, an indicator shows the “state of health” of the whole system. There are also others indicators which report the status of each detector and of the electronics. An eventual anomaly is signaled and archived by the management software, like the alarm events.
MHOS 9700 HWM Series
- Published in Scanning systems - contamination in waste/decommissioning materials
- Download attachments: DAT_MHOS9700HWM_EN_1.02.pdf
The MHOS 9700 HWM series gamma monitors are specifically designed to measure the radioactive contamination level in hospital waste materials carried through the measurement area in small containers. As an option, the MHOS 9700 HWM-S can be equipped with a thin window panel in front of the detector, which allows to perform beta-gamma monitoring.
- MHOS 9700 HWM-N and MHOS 9700 HWM-P: two columns, each housing a detector, define a passageway between them; the system allows to automatically detect sources - or contaminated material - passing through.
- MHOS 9700 HWM-S: a single column houses one detector and a scale; the system performs a static measurement which is automatically activated by positioning the material directly upon the scale.
- Detectors: NaI(Tl) (-N model) or plastic scintillators (-P and -S models)
- Digital scale installed on the base of the column (-S model)
- Acquisition, analysis and visualization of data through a touch screen panel PC
- Activity (concentration) calculation, and alarm output if threshold is exceeded
- Automatic background subtraction
- Measurement unit selection: cps, Bq, Bq/g
- Historical data storage and display
- Parameter setting: measuring time, alarm thresholds, calibration factor
- Continuous monitoring of proper functioning
- Ethernet connection
- Storage and/or print of alarm and malfunction events
- Optional thin window for beta-gamma monitoring (model MHOS 9700 HWM-S)