|The monitor is composed of:
The detectors include photomultiplier tubes, and they are coupled to independent electronic units providing high voltage to the PMTs, and dedicated MCA modules allowing on-line gamma spectrometry.
|The system is controlled and managed by a proprietary software installed on a dedicated laptop.
The LUNG COUNTER software implements response function curves for each NaI(Tl) detector. These curves allow converting net counts rates acquired by the detectors (cps) in activity (Bq) homogeneously dispersed in the lungs, and to subsequently evaluate the committed effective dose (in Sv). The response curves are calculated by means of Monte Carlo simulations.
LUNGS BURDEN ANALYSIS/COUNTING SYSTEM
The LUNG COUNTER monitor has been designed to perform high-efficiency, fast and reliable radiometric controls of human lungs.
- High efficiency detection equipment
- Highly versatile scanning system for lungs
- Fast and simple measurement sequence
- Detectors: two 5” x 4” NaI(Tl) scintillators
- Compact MCA with 2048 channels
- Low-background lead shielding
- Efficiency curves evaluated by means of Monte Carlo calculations