|The FREE-AND 16 main components are:
The detectors are distributed in two arrays of 4 units for each side. Each detector is provided with a lead shielding, which acts as a collimator: this way each scintillator “sees” a defined portion of the container volume. The system can achieve an MDA of 0.04 Bq/g (15 minutes measurement, 300 kg of material, 1 g/cm3 density).
|The mechanical support structure is made of stainless steel, which can well resist to the weight of the equipment and to accidental bumps.
The weighting platform has a maximum payload of 6000 kg. Containers of different type and dimensions can be placed on the platform, up to a maximum of 100x100x200 cm (WxHxD).
The operator interacts with FREE-AND 16 through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use software. To perform the measurement, the operator selects the proper geometry from a previously defined database, then sets the measurement time; the procedure automatically starts when the container is placed upon the weighting platform. Measurement reports are provided at the end of each scan.
SPECTROMETRIC STATION WITH SCINTILLATORS FOR CHARACTERIZATION OF RADIOACTIVE WASTE
The FREE-AND 16 spectrometric station is a robust and handy system designed to perform spectrometric analysis of waste materials, where the fine spectroscopy provided by HPGe-based systems is not needed.
- Efficient alternative to HPGe-based systems
- Versatile structure
- Sub-sections mesurements to allow characterization of big containers
- Robust mechanical structure with weighting platform
- Detectors: 16 NaI(Tl) scintillators 3”x3” with MCA
- Lead shielding/collimator for each detector
- Max container dimensions: 100x100x200 cm
- Geometries database and release limits calculation
- Data archive and measurement reports
- MDA (Cs-137): down to 0.04 Bq/g (15 min)