|The detectors (3”x3” NaI scintillators) are distributed in linear arrays of 4 units, two for each side. Each detector is mounted inside a lead shielding structure, which acts at the same time as a collimator: this way each scintillator “sees” a defined portion of the container volume. The minimum achievable sensitivity that the system can reach is 0.04 Bq/g (15 minutes measurement, 300 kg of material, 1 g/cm3 density).
The mechanical support structure is made of AISI 304 stainless steel, which can well resist to the weight of the equipment and to accidental bumps that could happen while handling the containers in everyday use.
The weighting platform has a maximum limit of 6000 kg and a minimum sensitivity of 1 kg. Thanks to its dimensions, containers of different type and dimensions can be placed on the platform, up to a maximum of 100x105x210 cm (WxHxD).
|The operator interacts with FREE-AND 16 through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use software. To perform the measurement, the operator shall select the proper geometry from a previously defined database, then set the measure time; at this point the procedure automatically starts when the container is placed upon the weighting platform. At the end of the process, and according to previously defined limits tables, the system calculates the release level of the material and it produces a complete report that can also be exported as a file. These files are automatically archived by the system.
To complete the software equipment, a user definable backup plan is available, as well as applications for the efficiency calculation, self-diagnosis functions, and the possibility to connect the system in an existing data network.
FREE-AND 16 Featured
- Published in Scanning systems - contamination in waste/decommissioning materials
- Download attachments: DAT_FREEZANDZ16_EN_1.01.pdf
The FREE-AND 16 spectrometric station is a robust and handy system designed to perform the weighting and spectrometric analysis of materials, coming from nuclear power plants decommissioning activities. The performed measurements are typically used to determine the mass activity concentration.
- Robust mechanical structure with weighting platform
- Detectors: 16 3”x3” scintillators with multi-channel electronics
- Lead shielding/collimator for each detector
- Max container dimensions: 100x105x210 cm
- Control PC with user-friendly software
- Geometries database and release limits calculation
- Data archive and production of exportable and shareable reports
- Self-diagnosis function and electrical protections
- MDA (137Cs): down to 0.04 Bq/g (15 min)