Environmental monitoring systems
ELSE NUCLEAR has been historically involved in the design and manufacturing of a broad range of products for environmental monitoring systems for a wide range of customers: nuclear power plants, regional and national environmental agencies, universities, research centres, particle accelerator facilities, etc.
Up to date, ELSE NUCLEAR has more than 3000 detection units integrated in environmental monitoring systems, installed in over 40 countries operating since the ‘90s worldwide.
Please refer to the Order Guide provided here (click the link to open), to access an easy and schematic explanatioon of our systems architecture.
Discover our complete set of products for environmental monitoring systems:
- Ion chamber based gamma radiation monitoring unit (NAUSICAA IC-T, ICP-T, DISCOVERY IC-T)
- Geiger Muller based gamma detectors (GM-1, MERCURY GMP WR)
- Neutron rem counter for pulsed fields (LUPIN BF3-NP)
- Digital ratemeters (SATURN I, SATURN II)
- Gamma and neutron environmental monitoring mobile stations (SATURN 5702)
- Air activation monitoring systems (MISTRAL XM)
- Environmental monitoring stations (CPMON)
- Visualization and processing software for monitoring networks (5700 sMON)
The MISTRAL XM air activation monitoring system is designed to sample and monitor the gamma activity concentration resulting from air activation, in Marinelli geometry.
The MISTRAL XM Rooms is designed for free air monitoring (up to 8 sampling points), whereas the MISTRAL XM Stack is used to monitor the air expelled from a chimney or a stack.
The CPMON monitoring station hosts an ion chamber based gamma monitoring unit NAUSICAA IC-T and/or alpha/beta air particulate monitor, as well as the electronics and the power storage batteries, linked to the solar panels installed on the top of the station.
Each station communicates with a central host PC through a radio connection.
The NAUSICAA ion chamber based gamma radiation monitoring unit is a modular system that comes in two versions: the IC-T version is equipped with a 9 decades electrometer for environmental measurements, whereas the IC-T-PF version is equipped with a 7 decades electrometer for pulsed field measurements. Both versions share the same main components: ion chamber, power supply, electrometer, acquisition and control unit.