ELSE NUCLEAR developed, among the first players worldwide, a deep know-how in all the activities connected to decommissioning of nuclear power plants. This led the company to design and manufacture different solutions for radioactive waste characterization, which find their main application in nuclear power plants, sites being decommissioned, hospitals, and wherever there is a need of waste clearance before free release.
Up to date, ELSE NUCLEAR manufactured and installed since its foundation many scanning systems in all the nuclear sites in the Italian territory. More recently, active collaborations with international partners led the company to expand its customer network abroad.
Discover our scanning systems:
- Automated systems for characterization of radioactive containers and drums (AURAS 3000 and ADAMOS series)
- Spectrometric station with scintillators for characterization of radioactive waste (FREE-AND 16)
- Automatic monitoring system for pipes (PIPE SCANNER)
- Contamination monitor for tools and surfaces (ARCHIMEDES II WiFi)
- Radiation portal monitor for excavation materials (ARCHIMEDES III)
- Contamination monitors for small objects (CARONTE and BOX COUNTER)
- Systems for monitoring contamination in hospital waste (MHOS HWM-P, MHOS HWM-S)
AURAS 3000 is a highly automated system for scanning and characterising a variety of sample sizes and forms (bags, boxes, drums, and B25 containers), with densities in the range 100 kg/m3 to 2000 kg/m3. The system is equipped with up to four electro- or nitrogen-cooled HPGe detectors.