|The rem counter is composed of:
The built-in electronics processes the signal coming from the detector and elaborates the instantaneous H*(10) rate value every second.
If required, the radiation sensitive electronics can be housed in a separate rack, thanks to the modularity of the instrument components.
The data are sent to the connected SATURN ratemeter acquisition and control unit, which locally displays the instantaneous H*(10) rate and the integrated values and compares them to the pre-set alarm thresholds.
A LUPIN BF3-NP LITE version is also available, featuring a lighter build and a narrower energy range, suitable for all the applications that do not require to detect neutrons with energy above 20 MeV.
NEUTRON REM COUNTER FOR PULSED FIELDS
LUPIN BF3-NP is an environmental monitoring unit for neutron H*(10) measurements, with unique excellent performance for neutron detection in pulsed fields.
- Only detector world-wide efficiently working in pulsed fields
- Modular electronics
- High sensitivity
- Fully customizable for specific requirements of particle accelerator facilities
- Energy range: from thermal up to 10 GeV or up to 20 MeV (LITE version)
- Energy response closely resembles the ICRP74 conversion curve
- Unaffected by signal pile-up and so particularly suited for pulsed neutron fields
- Maximum H*(10) per burst in pulsed fields: 2 µSv
- Connectable to SATURN ratemeters
- Excellent gamma rejection (< 0.5 µSv/h at 50 mSv/h, 662 keV)