|The instrument is composed by the following parts:
||The built-in electronics processes the signal coming from the detector and elaborates the instantaneous H*(10) rate value every second.
The data are sent to the SATURN ratemeter, which locally displays the instantaneous H*(10) rate and the integrated values and compares them to the pre-set alarm thresholds.
NEUTRON REM COUNTER FOR PULSED FIELDS
The environmental monitoring unit LUPIN is a modular system for neutron H*(10) measurements, with excellent performance for neutron detection in pulsed fields.
- Only detector world-wide efficiently working in pulsed fields
- Modular electronics
- High sensitivity
- Fully customizable for specific requirements of particle accelerator facilities
- Energy range: from thermal up to 10 GeV
- Energy response closely resembles the ICRP74 conversion curve
- Unaffected by signal pile-up and so particularly suited for pulsed neutron fields
- Maximum H*(10) per burst in pulsed fields: 2 µSv
- Connectable to SATURN ratemeters
- Excellent gamma rejection (< 0.5 µSv/h at 50 mSv/h, 662 keV)